Book Review of “Boost E-commerce Sales and Make More Money”.
Share this Post
I always like to find out ways in which eCommerce sites can make more money. That’s why I decided to have a read of Boost E-commerce Sales and Make More Money: Three Hundred Tips to Increase Conversion Rates and Generate Leads
Boost E-commerce Sales and Make More Money aims to cut through the fluff. Alex Harris aims to give you actionable tips to increase eCommerce sales.
Boost E-commerce Sales and Make More Money has short chapters. (Some are just four flicks of the Kindle device). So it wouldn’t be practical to go through each chapter.
But you can roughly break it down into four different sections:
1. General advice on driving traffic to your site
2. Understanding your target customer
3. Specific areas and pages on your eCommerce site
4. Other suggestions on making more money with your eCommerce site
All in all, there are 300+ tips on “Boosting eCommerce success”
- Alex Harris has a lot of real world experience in eCommerce conversion optimisation. So his tips in this book are all well tested.
- The book is simple to follow and easy to understand, and each tip is precise and actionable.
- There is a picture at the end of many chapters that shows you an eCommerce webpage with examples of the tips given.
I Didn’t Like
- It didn’t go very deep into some topics. But you can understand that, since it is only meant to be a brief and concise book.
Can “Boost E-commerce Sales and Make More Money” Help You with your eCommerce Content Marketing?
You can apply the vast majority of the book to eCommerce content marketing.
But more specifically:
- It has tips on elements you can add to the following pages to increase your sales:
- About Page
- Contact Page
- Return Policy & Shipping Information
- Home Page
- Product Category Pages
- Product Detail Pages
- Shopping Cart Page
- Checkout Process
- Thank-You Page
- For the Home Page it gives you tips on the following parts:
- Internal Search
- It has a chapter with SEO tips.
- It has a chapter on driving traffic through various content marketing strategies like:
- Social media
Also to Consider:
Small Business Big Money is the other book by Alex Harris. This book goes into the actual process of conversion optimisation for eCommerce sites. It roughly involves the following three steps: analysing customer behaviour on the site, running tests based on this behaviour, scaling this to other parts of your eCommerce site.
Click.logy by Graham Jones takes a somewhat similar approach, but it goes into more depth into customer psychology.
Conclusion: Should you read Boost E-commerce Sales and Make More Money?
If you want to sell more, then yes! It has over 300 actionable tips on selling more, so why would you not want to read it?
Share this Post
Have you read Boost E-commerce Sales and Make More Money? What did you think? Let me know in the comments section below.